Decorator Crab questions.

boeingn747

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought some coral from a guy who was tearing down his 120gal and selling everything off. In addition to the corals, I also got a decorator crab. He is about 4" from leg to leg so I would say he is an adult. He only had some sponges on him when I got him. I added him to my tank and now see that he has made his way through my zoa garden and had daisy polyps and other soft coral polyps on his shell. A lot more are missing than what I see he has collected. My question is will he continue to **** and pillage my reef or will he get what he needs and be done. I have don't a bit of research and from what I have read they don't kill anything just use as camo. I am willing to keep him as long as there is some end to the madness. If it's just take take take then he has to go. I would like to add that has about $1000 worth of zoas attached to his body. That's retail of course but. Let me add that I saw 3 or 4 little shop of horrors on his back. How do you sell these? Does the coral that is included come into play?

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure if this posting helps, but just one persons experience (last post)

OP
OP
B

boeingn747

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this posting helps, but just one persons experience (last post)

That helped a bit. Thank you

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back