• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Deep Blue 80 Rimless Frag & Trigger Triton 34 Sump

elwallacejr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have for the sale the following:

Deep Blue 80 Frag Rimless with Eshopps Medium overflow installed in a Peninsula style. < 1yr old. $375*

Trigger Systems Triton 34 Sump. < 1yr old. $350*

* There's pluming in the pics free if you buy both the tank and sump although you'll probably have to redo the piping, there's 4 Sched 80 Unions and a Gate valve. Connections are ThreadXThread

If you buy both I'll take $675.

Local Sale Only, pick up in Bethesda, MD

IMG_5426.jpg
IMG_5431.jpg

Last edited:

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish the tank wasn't a frag tank because I'm looking for a regular tank around this size and I live in Maryland and you never can find anything around here so I'll probably have to buy something brand new

OP
OP
elwallacejr

elwallacejr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a guy doing a tank build with this tank. Full aquaculture/captive bred system. I actually considered making it a display but decided downsizing was more important.

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish the tank wasn't a frag tank because I'm looking for a regular tank around this size and I live in Maryland and you never can find anything around here so I'll probably have to buy something brand new
This is not strickly a "frag" tank. It is the same tank I use for my main display but I purchased the reef ready version. This tank is probably my favorite size tank and I regularly suggest it to other reefers. It has a spacious floor plan for lots of aquascaping options (great gas exchange also) and is not too tall so it is easier to light for coral growth. One thing I especially like is when using a shorter stand it makes for great seated viewing in the room and also some great top down views when standing.

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it good to have fish in it like wrasse and clownfish and other reef safe fish

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because it doesn't look like it would be good for them to be able to swim in there

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it good to have fish in it like wrasse and clownfish and other reef safe fish
I have two clownfish and eight wrasses among others in mine. So yes, its fine for fish but remember, all fish jump and a screen mesh top is highly recommended. FWIW i had a mesh top on my 29"tall 210 when it was set-up.

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I would definitely put a top on it for sure but I just didn't think that this type of tank would support fish like this in the way of them swimming and stuff but now you got me really thinking about getting this tank and the sump because I have a 46 gallon tank with a sump right now but his looks better so I'm thinking about buying this setup

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two clownfish and eight wrasses among others in mine. So yes, its fine for fish but remember, all fish jump and a screen mesh top is highly recommended. FWIW i had a mesh top on my 29"tall 210 when it was set-up.
Can I see your tank the way that you have it setup

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would'nt mind but I'm not really able to do so. This is the second request this week, I really need to get up to speed on the picture posting thing.

Pete1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

57194540089__7C4CA09E-F820-4DEB-96B0-F44B9497870F.JPG
i have same tank

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought it but now I need to find a stand for it and I was wondering do you guy's think that I can skip a cycle if I use my rocks out of my 46 bowfront tank and some water or do I need to cycle the tank

Pete1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought it but now I need to find a stand for it and I was wondering do you guy's think that I can skip a cycle if I use my rocks out of my 46 bowfront tank and some water or do I need to cycle the tank

No, it will definitely speed up the cycle, especially if you get some of the water from your other tank, via a huge water change, but don’t skip the cycle

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't think I could but it didn't hurt to ask but where did you get your stand from

Pete1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't think I could but it didn't hurt to ask but where did you get your stand from

Its the stand that comes with it, but i added the 8 in platform because it was too low, your better off building a stand or buying a similar higher stand for better viewing experience

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where's a good place to buy a stand online do you know because I looked around where I live in the stores and they really didn't have nothing

Pete1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will check , i know some other threads on here guys bought some nice stands

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back