OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a chalice from a local reefer, I used to have the same one in my old tank and loved it so I'm glad to have it back.
Toxic pie chalice
20181128_190932.jpg
20181128_191651.jpg

Also I've noticed a lot of bristle-y, fern-like algae growing all over... On the shelves, starfish, and glass. Not good. I'll probably get some CUC this weekend.

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!
Same tank here as well, not doing as well at moment, but here’s a pic when it was going ok. Not sure the issue at moment, still searching.
D6C00132-09AB-40D5-B644-AA1E75DA9E99.jpeg
Have a build thread? Also I don't have all that much that could go wrong yet so I have it easy. Check back next week when I've got all the corals that I purchased on impulse. ☺️

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really really like some the structures you built with the tonga branch rock. Scapes with Tonga usually look like piles of sticks but you managed very natural structures.

Oh, Peanut, what a perfect name for that giant reptilian creature. What is it?!

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really really like some the structures you built with the tonga branch rock. Scapes with Tonga usually look like piles of sticks but you managed very natural structures.

Oh, Peanut, what a perfect name for that giant reptilian creature. What is it?!
Thanks! Peanut is a blue tongued skink. :)

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@leahfiish I found your thread, looking Good! I love how you broke up the scape, definately different than most branch style scapes. I had considered the DB80 but wanted something with a little more volume and a true Pininsula. Following along yours will be filled up long before mine ;)

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@leahfiish I found your thread, looking Good! I love how you broke up the scape, definately different than most branch style scapes. I had considered the DB80 but wanted something with a little more volume and a true Pininsula. Following along yours will be filled up long before mine ;)
Thank you. I love peninsula tanks but just don't have the space for one right now. It's definitely a goal for the future though.

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm not sure why but I always seem to have terrible luck with urchins and this last one was no exception. :( The rest of the CUC is doing good work though. I think I will be adding a fish to my tank tomorrow, and corals on Tuesday. Looking forward to it!

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice build I have always loved the DB tanks. there foot print anyway cant get em out in the Rockies. well at a reasonable price anyway.

love the Tonga scapes you made.

BTW you had me at LPS and wrasses...fallowing this one for sure :D
Thanks!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back