Deep Blue VS Royal Blue & Cyan+Lime

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wilsoni
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Wilsoni

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
994
Reaction score
740
Location
Salt Lake City, UT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed the new AI Prime HD switched things up a bit by replacing the Deep Blue LEDs with Royal Blues to match the rest of the HD lineup. I know Radion made the switch to Deep Blue with the Gen 3's but I wasn't clear as to why and what the difference was. I've seen both personally but can't tell a difference as I haven't seen them side by side.

I know the new Vervve Plus even went as far as combining both in their new Vervve blue spectrum. I found it quite interesting that it incorporates more Royal Blues than Deep Blue diodes. Initially I thought Deep Blue would replace Royal Blue but now I'm thinking Royal Blue is more preferred.

My first question is, does Royal Blue pose any benefit over Deep Blue or is it purely visual preference?

My second question; whatever happened to Cyan and Lime LEDs? I know NanoBox still uses them and I've read several articles that list there proposed importance but it seems as if the large LED manufacturers have no desire to use them...
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new