Deep Water Acropora ID

Ocypode sinensis

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2021
Messages
442
Reaction score
205
Location
Pittsburgh
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to visit a fellow reefer's home and saw some incredible acros but I have no idea what are they.
1:
CDAD2D49-B52F-466F-B87F-24A1AC923EBD.jpeg

2:
1F57BB9E-AC96-4A3D-8B89-538BEE8DCB30.jpeg

3:
EDDA7AC4-3A40-47AD-8911-70CBFF8A87DA.jpeg
689F2352-67F1-48F3-94C6-398F67CF6F93.jpeg

4:
6558C0B5-DFDF-424A-82FC-60E56AC67E55.jpeg

FD4D8271-FFF5-43ED-B1DF-66E1DB676C6B.jpeg

5:
6ED58738-7590-4EA5-8E3C-96FB5ADA53C3.jpeg
092DD6EC-69E4-4872-AF59-17DFE0828B59.jpeg

6:
0D9F722B-C857-41ED-80D9-35E37C413A9C.jpeg
4144ECBA-00DF-4613-96AE-E55BBBCE89BB.jpeg

7:
94A041AB-8112-4ABC-ACA5-AE45EE1ED4A0.jpeg
5FDDD4B3-050A-4158-9B87-E8358D4E21DD.jpeg
 
Top one i believe is Acropora valida, one below it maybe Acropora speciosa...
 
Nice corals. I'm just guessing, but I reckon the following:

1. probably A. valida
2. probably A. turaki, but could be A. echinata (both speciosa and turaki used to often be mislabled as echinata in the hobby).
3. A. speciosa
4. maybe A. granulosa but there are others that can look like that, so not too high confidence on that
5. I'd guess A. caroliniana, but could be A. jacquelineae (because A. jackie tends to have 'pointier' axial coralites)
6. I'd guess A. aculeus
7. Could be one of many, but if I had to guess I'd go with A. austera
 
Nice corals. I'm just guessing, but I reckon the following:

1. probably A. valida
2. probably A. turaki, but could be A. echinata (both speciosa and turaki used to often be mislabled as echinata in the hobby).
3. A. speciosa
4. maybe A. granulosa but there are others that can look like that, so not too high confidence on that
5. I'd guess A. caroliniana, but could be A. jacquelineae (because A. jackie tends to have 'pointier' axial coralites)
6. I'd guess A. aculeus
7. Could be one of many, but if I had to guess I'd go with A. austera
He did say that he thinks 2 is an A. echinata, it comes from south china sea and looks pretty similar to some aussie echinata.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new