Deepwater SPS only Show!

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I met up with Nick and scored a piece, in my many years at sps, I am nearly convinced this is the elusive dustins, in his tank, under LED'S, it has green in the base. This coral was released moons before LED'S hit the market, so under my t5's, I am curious to see how this one develops. Today was a great day to score an amazing piece!
Can't wait to see how this bad boy grows out under your T5's! It was awesome meeting you today and chatting.

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No ignorance at all ;)
Deepwater as far as I know was originally thought that smooth skin acros were collected in deeper waters. As far as I know, this is really not the case. They typically have little to no coralite structure, and polyps are usually visual on tips of branches, making them smooth in appearance.

Many thanks! Hmmmm I wonder if the Shazam fits that bill ?

B11C7E1F-B75B-4B99-A2A4-4598B0467A8B.jpeg

Reef and Dive

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
realistically, I feel the deepwater name is used to describe the smoothed skin of the coral and its growth pattern, I believe its just a marketing term as these corals do very well in moderate to high light.

I'm not sure if these corals are actuallly found at deeper depths than other corals, i would assume not. Maybe someone else can chime in who knows.
Totally agree… deeper water usually means 10-20m so usually not that deep.

And we usually use the name for smooth skin, not actually based on the knowledge they might be found deeper.

Check the article below, a classical, A. suharsonoi’s description, it was acually found 5m deep!!! That’s pretty shallow…

And this is my picture contribution (caroliniana):

B0E9A310-F793-4845-B7AA-54D5593CF47D.jpeg

Attachments

• Suharsonoi descricao.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 39

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 28.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.0%
Back