Deflated torch coral with shot tentacals

Mrussell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I have had a torch for about 4 months now. Over the past months the tentacles have become super short and deflated. I took an icp test and water parameters are all good. I have two ideas of what could be bothering it.
1)I have black bugs that are eating my Montiporas , I’m in the process of treating these guys.
2) there are hydroids on the base of the torch. Not sure if these guys would be able to sting and bother the torch??? I already treated this by covering the base with epoxy. If you check out the below pictures the top is 4 months ago and the bottom is today. As you can see there is a new head so it is growing. The bottom picture is today. Note that the torch was moved close to the zoas after the tentacle were already short, so although it looks like this could be the cause it is not it had plenty of room to expand before. I moved it in hopes to shield it from flow as I thought that may have been contributing.
5C47FE02-68BA-48BC-8372-253E4A03A320.jpeg
DD3C2953-6948-4CB4-85A6-108A078BC385.jpeg

Bells>Waimea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came here cause my torch was "stiff". Tentacles shortened and not swaying. Almost static. Super strange.

Good luck with your torch! Wish I could help.

Love the videos my man. Keep em up. :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back