Deflated zoas?

MattyDoldilini

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I’m wondering if I can get some clarity on an issue that has just come up on my tank regarding my zoas.

back in March my tank broke out with what I suspected to be velvet so I had to move all my fish in qt and go fallow for the 76 days period to wipe out the parasite. In this time I really focused on my 2 zoa frags and trying to get them growing at a decent rate. Everything was going great, actually I had some really nice extensions and huge polyps on my zoa. My fallow period ended about 2 weeks ago and I added my pair of clownfish as they were the only ones to survive the outbreak.

Everything was going fine until about a week ago I noticed my once full zoas looked very deflated and almost lifeless. I checked water parameters and my nitrates were a bit high about 20ppm so I did a water change and cleaned my sump out as well. There’s not detection of ammonia or nitrite in the water column and I replenish nutrients via water change with coral salt pro.

could the issue be that the fish were added? I tried adjusting flow. Ext but nothing seems to be working. Pics below are before and after. Any insight is much appreciated! Thanks!

CD27DE1C-6640-4D85-8B9A-E98C6C0F434D.jpeg 38841C8E-8696-44A9-AD8F-96AE27E99FBA.jpeg

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was there a swing in any parameters when you did the water change that you know of?

OP
OP
M

MattyDoldilini

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I have 2 clownfish, a watchman goby, pistol shrimp, about 15 blue leg hermits, and about 6 nassarius snails and 6 turbo snails.
85 gallon system with 70 gallon DT.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 40.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 95 51.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back