Dehumidifier?

Shoei

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had a tank in my room and I feel like I need a dehumidifier because of how humid it is now.
I don't know percentage but I can definitely feel a difference now before the tank was set up.
It's a 55g and I do have a top on it.
Pros?
Cons?
If good what unit would be good?
Room is a 10x10

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A stand alone model from Lowe’s, Home Depot, Target, etc... will work fine.
Just be sure to watch your evaporation. If your using any buffer in your top off and your evaporate increases you may need to adjust the amount of buffer since the amount of top off water added will increase per day.

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with silver above but I run a 80 pint Kenmore dehumidifier in the summer and early months to get humidity down to 50%. I have one rimless 80 and a 90 with sump running and i am
Concerned about mold and mildew possibilities downstairs !

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this model, but the older version. It has a display for current and set point levels. It has a loud hum, but I’m a city guy so I actually like it. I get mad when my wife turns it off. You’d be amazed how much water it pulls out of thin air.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As winter approaches, if you have forced hot air for heat, the room will become very dry. This will accelerate evaporation from the tank and humidify the room. So, if you have forced air heat, you may not need a dehumidifier over the winter, once the heat is turned on.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this model, but the older version. It has a display for current and set point levels. It has a loud hum, but I’m a city guy so I actually like it. I get mad when my wife turns it off. You’d be amazed how much water it pulls out of thin air.

How frequently does it need to be emptied?

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now it will fill up in a days time .inwont run in winter when I have heat on .
You can hook a hose to it and run to drain to make things simpler.

Back