delay in shipping

Me z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I had two packs that shipped yesterday. The first was a zoa pack shipped from puerto rico that made it here fine by 10:30 am. The second pack was a chalice pack that got held because of weather in memphis. I find it strange because my other pack made it through memphis just fine. Any way it looks like the soonest I can expect my chalices is tomorrow. Last time this happened I lost everything but it was in the winter. I just want to know if there is hope that they will make it. I have no idea what this guys shipping procedures are but I assume its the standard small bags and probably no heat pack because its still pretty warm. Has anyone had a chalice live through two day shipping??

emerald525

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a chalices and zoas survive 2 days so there is hope. It does depend on packing of course. Packing in a decent volume of water helps. Ice pack this time of year also may be needed depending on the weather. Also don't buy the delayed due to weather excuse. I personally found that is Fed Ex's standard excuse regardless of the cost. I had a package delayed locally in Portland and they tried to blame the weather when it was a nice sunny day throughout Oregon. It turned out to be delayed due to a bad driver.

OP
OP
M

Me z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what I am learning but its also a way for them to have zero liability. Like I said I had a package that got to memphis after this package and it was still at my door at 10:30am. I checked the weather and there are no storms anywhere near memphis and no flights were grounded. I think hobbyists need to get together with fedex and arrange some kind of insurance policy even if its only for packages that they delayed. Its only the right thing to do. You cant advertise an overnight service and then not deliver.

emerald525

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what I am learning but its also a way for them to have zero liability. Like I said I had a package that got to memphis after this package and it was still at my door at 10:30am. I checked the weather and there are no storms anywhere near memphis and no flights were grounded. I think hobbyists need to get together with fedex and arrange some kind of insurance policy even if its only for packages that they delayed. Its only the right thing to do. You cant advertise an overnight service and then not deliver.

I have personally found like other large companies if you speak to the first person they just give a pat answer. When I insisted on speaking to a manager I got better answers after explaining that it could not possibly be a delay due to weather as every other package that shipped from the same vendor arrived on time on the same day. They did reimburse my money on a recent shipment that was several hours delayed because they sent it to the wrong sorting facility.

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no the problem is that ppl need to start back charging fedex for all those late packages!
you paid for 10:30 am delivery not noon not 3pm.
if they are not there at 10:30 the shipper needs to start calling for refund for the difference between services.

ive had packages come earlier that arrived late than packages that left early?
i dont even both with the slimeball driver we got here anymore. if it aint here at 10:30am im on the phone at 10:31 chewing someone out. im tired of their b.s.
whats even worse is the nearest hold at location is 2 miles from my house and they can have it there by 9am yet 98% of the time they cant make it here by noon!

JMSKI333

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cant you have the package held for you at the store? if its 2 miles away then that seems like a better option.

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cant you have the package held for you at the store? if its 2 miles away then that seems like a better option.

and just where do you think i have been having it sent to?

the point here is this if you buy a product or service from anywhere and your dont get said product or its not what you bought do you keep it?
heck no you either go to get exchange for what you paid for or refund for what you didnt get! if that dont get anywhere you start charge backs complaints filed..and so on

OP
OP
M

Me z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well probably but I cant drive to tennessee from idaho to go get it lol. One package got held in memphis while the other came through fine. My local guys are great even if I dont pay priority they still bring my stuff to me before 11am. Kinda sad when your on a first name basis with the fedex delivery guys. Anyways I got the package today. None were really slimy but two are lookin bad. If I only lose two out of seven I will be happy. Got them all acclimated and under my leds in my low flow frag tank. Nothin to bother them in there. Im so glad I plumbed that into my system, it has saved alot of corals havin a stess free place to adjust.

OP
OP
M

Me z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to update this. Well all seven chalices lived!!!! Richards packing was top notch. He only shipped out nice large healed frags. All of this I am sure contributed to my chalices living through two day shipping. I would highly recommend him. He is on ebay as the seller rnegret.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back