Deltec APF800 recirc skimmer

LiquidFunk

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2013
Messages
196
Reaction score
49
Location
Vancouver WA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a used Deltec APF800 recirculating external skimmer for sale. Will update with photos once I have it all cleaned it’s in a vinegar bath at the moment.

It has a DIY self cleaning head that needs a new $20 motor if you want to use it, if not the lid will have a 1/2” or so hole in the middle.

$300 delivered to the lower 48.

Specs: https://www.theaquariumsolution.com/product/3025/60

Introduction
APF800 External Protein Skimmer

The new external AP series compact high performance protein skimmer, a classic reinvented. The APF 800 combines the high Skimming / low power draw performance of the patented TC series, with the compact dimensions of its predecessor, the APF 600. Features also include the new style outflow and back pressure adjuster for precise tuning.


Technical Data
  • Dimensions: 280mm x 210mm x 610mm (LxWxH)
  • Power consumption: 12 Watt
  • Airflow: 600 litre/h
  • Height under outlet pipe: 9.7 inch
  • Suggested pump supply: 1200 Lt/hr
  • Inlet: 20mm / Outlet: 32mm
  • High stocking: 800 L
  • Normal stocking: 1000 L
  • Code: 88020000
  • Also available with manual cleaning head
deltec.png


9806E991-7AA8-41DA-B53D-E87ABAC99C78.png
 
I love the skimmer .. do you think it would be to powerful for a 120 with a 30 gal sump heavy stocked and sps
 
Not likely given the neck is pretty slender. Over sized skimmer problems come in when the neck is huge and there isn’t enough waste to keep the foam head up.
I ran this on a 150g with about a 50g sump. I have since gone to a 180g
 
I remember when this skimmer first came out it was like 800 bucks. GLWS
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new