Deltec protein skimmers

larrysaltisfun

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2025
Messages
801
Reaction score
487
Location
outer banks NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I may be pitching, my Red Sea RSK 600 , I was wondering if anybody had experience with the Deltec line of skimmers. they seem to be very efficient with a small footprint. Do they live up to their reputation on BRS? Any drawbacks?
 
I've had the deltec 600i since January, I would say its the best skimmer I've ever used. Its easy to dial in, easy to clean, and does a great job.
 
I've had the deltec 600i since January, I would say its the best skimmer I've ever used. Its easy to dial in, easy to clean, and does a great job.
Thank you sir what size tank do you have it in and what would you recommend for 210 medium stock?
 
Thank you sir what size tank do you have it in and what would you recommend for 210 medium stock?
Mine is a 40 breeder with a 20 gallon sump, I went overkill but I wanted something that was hassle free. I would judge the footprint to be about the same size as any skimmer I've used before, I would not call it 'small'.

The deltec 1000i is rated for up to 255 gallons, but if you like overkill like I do then the 1500i.
 
Replaced my reef octopus skimmer with the deltec 600i and it’s easily the best in sump skimmer I’ve ever used. It’s as set and forget as they come. Phenomenal highly recommend
 
Thank you for your input trying to dial in the red sea RSK 600. It’s literally a tweak between skimming and super overflow and now it’s been going bananas ever since I treated WITH CHEMICLEAN or possibly outflow is blocked on top of my stand, but I don’t think so. I’ll probably take it out and sell it on eBay for a couple hundred dollars.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new