Deltec SC 1351 water overflowing from top?????

MarkS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have a Reefer 350 with a Deltec SC 1351, it has been running for a while but is very noisy with the water overflowing from the top and splashing down into the sump. Also I don't think it is skimming that well, lightb yellow sludge.

It is in about 190mm water and on setting 4 - what do all the power steiingsmean as well?

Your help is appreciated.

TY Mark

OP
OP
M

MarkS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Pics attached hope it helps, it is fustrating trying to figure out and I don't want to kill anything by being incorrectly setup.

IMG_3403.JPG

IMG_3405.JPG

IMG_3406.JPG

IMG_3407.JPG

IMG_3408.JPG

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is an adjustment that allows you to control the water level in the neck of the protein skimmer. You need to back off on your water level.

Looking at your pictures, there is a small white tube which runs from the neck of the skimmer down to its base. That cylindrical object at the neck to which the white tube connects is probably the adjustment. Try rotating it clockwise/counter-clockwise and watch the water level. You want to reduce the water level to about the neck... this is where the collection cup meets the body of the skimmer.

By doing this, as foam accumulates on top, it will build up and overflow into the collection cup.

If this problem is a new development, then it may be a change in the water level of the sump.

Did you recently do a water change, adding more water back into the tank than you've taken out?

Reeferdood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you have a baffled sump. Like what Dom said, back off the knob to lower the level inside the skimmer all the way back. Let it run like this for a little while and then fine tune from there. The baffles will keep the water level in the skimmer section stable so if you back the knob off all the way and it is still overflowing we might need to investigate further.

OP
OP
M

MarkS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Thanks for the help. I have raised the skimmer up a few inches of the bottom and adjusted the neck water flow like you said and now it is working better. Just trying to fine tune, the bubbles and get them correct. TY

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back