• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Deltec SCA-1351 Protein Skimmer

gobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a frag tank running for a year and just tore it down. This is a Deltec SCA-1351 protein skimmer. It's in great shape and works perfectly. I like it because it's not as prone to overflowing as some of the other skimmers I've used.

$379 new I'm asking $250.

The next generation of Deltec skimmers has hit the market and this time Deltec developed their own pump and spent months getting the right amount of air draw for the lowest possible power consumption.

This has allowed Deltec to set new standards in efficiency and to illustrate the difference they have introduced a new terminology, E-T-A Ratio (energy to air ratio), to allow comparison of Deltec products against others.

The new Deltec skimmer pumps have an E-T-A Ratio of around 60 to 1 which means for every watt of power consumed by the pump, roughly 60 lts of air will be drawn into the skimmer. Compare this with the current Deltec modified Eheim pumps, (already renound for their performance), which only produce around 16 lts of air per watt and you will understand why the next generation of Deltec skimmers are truly a work of engineering genious.

The SC name describes the special Single Chamber design of the bubble chamber which is patented and has the benefit of pressurizing the pumps for higher performance and ensures that only unskimmed water passes through he pump rather than re-skimming and reprocessing water in the chamber.

The new bubble plate design allows the height of the skimmers to be reduced compared with the current range to allow them to fit in a greater number of installations and cabinets. The primary use of the bubble chamber is to prevent turbulence from the skimmer body and neck as turbulence can pull waste loaded bubbles back into the water column causing a reduction in efficiency. The air to water ratio is so high that there is almost immediate reaction with the waste therefore there is no requirement for the tall reaction chambers found on some low air skimmers thus keeping the units compact.

Deltec wanted to produce an economic skimmer that was compact, high performing, with low wattage for aquariums up to 130 gallons. The SC1351 with its compact sleek design and unique features ticks all of the boxes. With an impressive 450 litres of air from the venturi via a 9W pump and compact footprint, this model offers a high quality product at a very competitive price.
https://www.liverocknreef.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=10980

IMG_0167.JPG
IMG_0170.JPG

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 6.0%

Back