Deltec SCA 1351 Vs Deltec SC 1351

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jrco226

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unboxed my sc1455 and assembled it immediately but I'm not sure what the red screw at the bottom of the water level tube does. It just seems to apply pressure to the outside of the tube. What is it for/ used?

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditto on the SCA1351 being great! I added a swabbie to keep the neck clean, and a BRS CO2 scrubber to keep my ph up. The skimmer has been very quiet, is dependable, and performs very well.

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unboxed my sc1455 and assembled it immediately but I'm not sure what the red screw at the bottom of the water level tube does. It just seems to apply pressure to the outside of the tube. What is it for/ used?
If it is what I think it is, it will keep any vibrations from making adjustments to your water level for you...

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Check some of the YouTube videos out there -- if I recall correctly, the red thumb-screw allows you to disassemble for cleaning. (And it's kind of fragile - they sent me two of 'em!)

~Bruce

Jrco226

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check some of the YouTube videos out there -- if I recall correctly, the red thumb-screw allows you to disassemble for cleaning. (And it's kind of fragile - they sent me two of 'em!)

~Bruce

That's correct, Adam at battle corals got back to me asap on that one.

Jrco226

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the SC1455 in the tank last night. It immediately started to overflow. I have the skimmer in 8.5" inches with the water level adjuster all the way up (turning anti-counterclock wise) do I need to just leave it there and allow it to settle in or do I have the water level wrong. The manual says anti counterclock wise for a dry skim so I assume its just a break in period. Any thoughts, it was still foaming over this morning?

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I let mine break-in for a week or so - and just left the valve at the end of the hose open into the sump. Think it might have drained the tank if I hadn't! I'm about three weeks into it with the Deltec, and still get such a firm, dry foam that I'm constantly having to reposition the lid. It literally blows the top off! I'm hoping it settles down soon, else I shall worry about what's going to happen when I've got more than a dozen snails and hermits in the 220.

~Bruce

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditto on the SCA1351 being great! I added a swabbie to keep the neck clean, and a BRS CO2 scrubber to keep my ph up. The skimmer has been very quiet, is dependable, and performs very well.

Adding a picture.

20170609_174741.jpg

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the SC1455 in the tank last night. It immediately started to overflow. I have the skimmer in 8.5" inches with the water level adjuster all the way up (turning anti-counterclock wise) do I need to just leave it there and allow it to settle in or do I have the water level wrong. The manual says anti counterclock wise for a dry skim so I assume its just a break in period. Any thoughts, it was still foaming over this morning?
Not sure about the 1455 but the 1351 manual switched clockwise and anti-clockwise. You want the water level at the bayonet fitting. I ran mine just under the neck for 24 hours and then brought it up a bit after that.

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any opinion which one from reliability and maintenance for Redsea Reefer 350:
Deltec sca 1351
Nyos 120
Vertex Omega 130
Or others?

Thanks

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t speak to the Nyos but the vertex is very finicky. They take a while to break in and can overflow if you stare at them too long.

The Deltec is rock solid, well built, well engineered, is not finicky at all. It’s the third Deltec I’ve owned and I’ve owned most every skimmer other than the Nyos.

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I agree with Vertex sensitivity, my 150 was the same, overflow when I added Reef Energy

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Any opinion which one from reliability and maintenance for Redsea Reefer 350:
Deltec sca 1351
Nyos 120
Vertex Omega 130
Or others?

Thanks

Well if it were me... lol

In all seriousness, Deltec is pretty hard to beat. Especially since they finally dropped their pricing a little last summer. Please feel free to shoot me a PM if you're interested in one, or have any specific questions I can answer for you.

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 1660 on my 187 and I am dumping 4 cubes a day and feeding my coral twice a week to keep my nutrients from bottoming out. Does nice dark thick disgusting skimmate that could gag a maggot. ;Vomit

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back