0   0   0
Hi,

Great vid. Be interesting to see how it performs long term

joe berkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankyou for that great vidio. Im thinking of buying one in a couple weeks. Any updates? Are you still happy with yours?

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Scott, great job with the video. I see you are still happy with the unit. When I saw the video my only concern was whether it would actually be able to deal with the stated 1000 gallons/h given how thin the slot in the end looks. What type of flow are you actually putting through the unit?

Thanks!

OP
OP
S

scottsweet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Scott, great job with the video. I see you are still happy with the unit. When I saw the video my only concern was whether it would actually be able to deal with the stated 1000 gallons/h given how thin the slot in the end looks. What type of flow are you actually putting through the unit?

Thanks!
I am using gravity flow from my overflow. I am getting about 500gph. By using a pump, you could get more. The input line is a 1" line.
Consider this...

1612898603508.png

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I used the Theiling Rollermat (the big original one) for about 2 years and than bought the original ClariSea (from the owner and inventor of the unit before it was sold to D-D in the UK) which I have been using for the past 3 or 4 years. . Filter roll changing is a pain (Ok, it takes about 10 minutes but a lot of tooling and grunting) and the ease of use of the Deltec is clearly pulling me in... I also believe that the ClariSea has a flaw in the design by having the motor attached to one end of the roll and the other end is not secured to anything. The torque produced by the motor on one end to roll the fleece is enough to slightly twist the whole thing which I do not like. There is a cost difference however...

Adirondackgold

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got mine. Put it in my homemade sump and already had a home where it sits at perfect water height without any adjustments. Hope to plumb it today!

Just out of the box I love the simplicity of everything from product to the instructions. Direct and gets the job done. Sehr gut!

Attachments

• IMG_4441.JPG
    IMG_4441.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 62

Overbrook

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgive me but I can’t seem to find tank size ratings on this roller. Planned 120g with DIY sump. Assuming it fits in your sump, can you have a roller that’s too big?

OP
OP
S

scottsweet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Saltwatertank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got mine. Put it in my homemade sump and already had a home where it sits at perfect water height without any adjustments. Hope to plumb it today!

Just out of the box I love the simplicity of everything from product to the instructions. Direct and gets the job done. Sehr gut!
Hi. Did you purchase the earlier 4000 model or the updated 5000? The 4000 is still available and less expensive. I am wondering if the upgrades are worth the extra $$?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back