Demsel with fin rot

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my demsel developed fin rot and I think it is breathing fast. It is eating well and doing it's normal things

Attachments

• 20230129_204503.mp4
    23.4 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it is breathing fast and is also very fat. My guess is that you’ve had this fish for awhile? Did these symptoms show up gradually? If so, the fin damage is probably secondary to the primary issue which is likely to be fatty liver disease. There is no treatment for this, just like humans with liver damage.
Jay

OP
OP
KING KONG

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it is breathing fast and is also very fat. My guess is that you’ve had this fish for awhile? Did these symptoms show up gradually? If so, the fin damage is probably secondary to the primary issue which is likely to be fatty liver disease. There is no treatment for this, just like humans with liver damage.
Jay
Yes hv this fish from 6 yrs. I am not feeding it too much. I also doubt that so I only feed it thrice a week but it finds something to eat. It eats anything if I not feed it. Can fin damages if it attacks any fish with its tail like this? I seen that it's tail damages when it attacks any fish with its tail and it can be like it want to scratch it's tail?

Attachments

• 20230114_192158.mp4
    15 MB
OP
OP
KING KONG

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I am feeding it hikari marine A big pellets and small slow slinking pellets and some krills

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do think this fish has chronic liver (maybe kidney) damage, there isn’t anything you can do to fix that, sorry.
Jay

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.1%
Back