DendroPhyllia Fragging. Help?

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Apparently you can frag them up like any similarly shaped LPS, with cutters or a bandsaw. Yours looks so tight I think you will have to use the saw.

I find them to be pretty easy keepers. I don't even target feed them and I have gone from the original 3 to dozens. I do feed the tank pretty heavily, and notice they are particularly responsive to live foods.

The one thing that bugs me about them is how they tentacles fade from bright yellow to paler. Happens too quickly to be dietary so I think it is light or temperature related.
 
Update for this.

A friend has a bandsaw, a nice one. Not sure the model, but it will be here this week.

Counting babies...
20190506_131228.jpg



On zoom..

Screenshot_20190506-131359_Gallery.jpg
 
Update .. after 26 babies have popped up in all the crevasses between heads, I finally decide to go for it. If I let the babies all grow out, I would have had to cut through heads later on.

Was time to chop it up while I still could.

20190603_125248.jpg


Plan is to let the babies grow out, and frag again in a month or so.
 
Looking good.

Thanks. The babies are stacked. So I might be able to grow a couple nice pieces out of the bigger chunks. Will update again.

These will be for sale eventually.
 
So the mature heads from round 1 of fragging were mauled and destroyed by inverts. They are gone. And I have fragged again, last week actually.
20191205_110341.jpg


Heres a video of me on the saw:
 
Last edited:
So the mature heads from round 1 of fragging were mauled and destroyed by inverts. They are gone. And I have fragged again, last week actually.
20191205_110341.jpg


Heres a video of my on the saw:

Thanks for sharing
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new