Derasa Placement

  • Thread starter Thread starter 46gReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

46gReef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2010
Messages
741
Reaction score
36
Location
NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just aquired a derasa (about 2.5") and was wondering where they prefer to be placed, on rock or substrate? I know they like higher light(I have 2x250W mh) so I would imagine on my rockwork closer to the light but figured I'd ask.....
 
I hate to jump in on a topic, but I was just going to post a similar question. I like my Crocea clam so much. I was thinking about adding a Derasa and posting about placement. Now I will just ask do you think a 28g tank is ok for a Derasa and a Crocea? Can you put the Derasa in teh sand over a buried rock or shell?
 
Mine already attached to a rock so I'm guessing it's happy..........it's a bit below my crocea, so far so good, thanks for the info.
 
Maybe I will hold off then. i don't know that I will be upgraded tanks that soon. I don't want to buy one only to have to find a home for it later.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new