Deresa clam help

What are your water levels and is there anything picking on the clam? Oh and how much light is it getting?
 
All over the mantle or in spots?

Maximas normally gain color intensity after a few weeks for me, but I have bleached a derasa in one small spot too. He recovered and is fine, but that spot is still bleached a little bit. If he is losing color all over the mantle then IMO it's an infection and I wasn't able to save mine years ago when that happened despite moving to a hospital tank and treating.
 
What are your water levels and is there anything picking on the clam? Oh and how much light is it getting?

Calcium 425
Alk 8.7
Phosphate .02
Medium to higher light. Looking at it now i think its too much light because an area that is shaded still has its color
 
Calcium 425
Alk 8.7
Phosphate .02
Medium to higher light. Looking at it now i think its too much light because an area that is shaded still has its color

Hopefully that is the case, clam bleaching from too much light is pretty easy to recover from. I was surprised how little light it took to bleach the one I had. Now he has been acclimated to the brightest spot, but just took some time.
 
Yep I would guess too much light, keep us updated.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new