Deresa Clam on sandbed

TheSilentReefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2018
Messages
345
Reaction score
1,145
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I have a Deresa clam on my sandbed around 4" long,

Problem being its always falling over no matter what footing I give him in the sand, is there any tricks I can use for him to get a proper hold?

Problem I have is the substrate its on currently is fine sand,

any ideas?
 
A couple rocks on either side.

Odd though , my derasa is on the sand and always upright.
 
A couple rocks on either side.

Odd though , my derasa is on the sand and always upright.

Tried that problem being I have a couple of urchins that run around the tank on a demolition derby.

Because the sand is a fine grain too it moves with flow and gives up, I used to have a rock cradle but it never got its footing.
 
Use a larger rock.
THe squamosa is attached to this one. He derasa is a season big as the squamosa now. Note it’s not attached or leaning.
I have two pincushion tuxedos urchins in this tank.

29FDE274-88AF-45C7-9908-3D90C8FA7681.jpeg
 
Bury the cradle a bit under the sand and then a rock on both sides. It might never attach. When I have Deresa attach, they take a long time and are nothing like a maxima which can attach overnight.

You can also use the glass for one side if you only have one rock. The glass can help to reflect a bit of light into it as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new