Detritus as a food source?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Michael43
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Michael43

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2016
Messages
1,099
Reaction score
398
Location
Dirty Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read one guy who stirs up his return chamber to send the detritus back to the DT to feed his sps? Anyone else do that?
 
Yea sort of. Blowing off the rocks. Dusting the chamber. It's good to do once on a while anywhere in the tank and system. That way it doesn't build up. And yea stuff eats it.
 
I don't do this exactly with the goal of feeding but I do stir up as much detritus as possible ever few days before filter sock changes

For me Im trying to clean with the added bonus of my zoas growing pretty quickly

Thought I'd add that I just take a baster and work around my entire tank for a few minutes the night before filter sock changes
 
If you own a Vortech pump you can set the nutrient mode for 30 minutes each time like twice a day to this exactly for you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new