Detritus in a reef tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter biom
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
IMO people remove detritus for 2 reasons.
1/ they think it's unsightly.
2/ the are told it's the devil's spawn.

People remove it from their sump because its easy to see and not difficult to remove. I donremove detritus as I don't see the need and haven't done so for many years.
IMO there needs to be an in depth scientific study done. I know BRS did an experiment oh detritus but it needs further research esp with regards to the effect of long term accumulation of detritus
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new