Devil's Hand Dying?

  • Thread starter Thread starter edfern1115
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

edfern1115

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2025
Messages
33
Reaction score
16
Location
Rockledge
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1cf4546a-938e-4571-9ed4-e4709c73f378.jpg
Do any of you experts know if this leather is dying or just sheding? I found a piece that broke off on the sand bed and I've never seen it look so bad. My big concern is that I read that they can release toxins. Thoughts?
 
The white parts look like it is losing flesh. How long have you had it? Leathers like good amount of flow, without enough flow, seeing it besides pally's makes me think it might not be getting enough flow.
 
It's about a foot away from the powerhead. I've had it about 2 years. It was doing great, until I slightly rotated the rock its on because it was leaning into somenother corals. That's really all I did. It's been on the decline ever since.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new