Devils Hand - more blue lighting have an effect?

jisc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Devils Hand doesn’t open as many polyps as it used to. Only change has been I’m running more blue look with my leds. Any correlation?

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine like strong full spectrum. If I turn the blues up it closes up, if I crank the white it opens up like never before. I had to find the balance of what it liked and what I like. Not sure what you have for lights so here is what I have and how it’s set up. 6 AI Sol Blues ( first gen of hydra 52’s but with 6 pucks and less colored leds but more total leds ) I have the blues at 100% and whites at 50% with a 1 hour ramp up and down from 8am to 8pm, 4 - 80watt T5’s all ATI Blue+ on from 10am to 6pm. My devils hand is about 12” across and fragging itself so much that I can’t keep up with all the new devils hands in my tank. The right corner of my 240 is full of 2-4” frags now as that’s where the current blows them to and they have all attached themselves to rocks. I bet I have 20 of them that I hope to pull out this weekend and trade or donate to my lfs as it’s a bi-monthly issue with it. Once yours is happy you’ll have the same issue as they grow fast!

OP
OP
J

jisc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds exactly like what happened to mine. Running Steve’s Led’s at 58% blue, 20% white. I’ll mess with the ratio slowly.

Saltfishlover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything work out for you on this? I got a frag of it a month or more and it did well for a few weeks. Then shrunk and nothing for a week. Not it tries to send out the polyps, but looks like pretzel salt,l (best description I could think of). I have not noticed any slime or shedding. Lights have not changed and water parameters are good using IO salt at 1.026. n

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 42 46.7%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.7%
Back