Diadema Urchin with Puffer and Trigger

  • Thread starter Thread starter Feet4Fish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2015
Messages
2,133
Reaction score
2,689
Location
Lynn, Indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have long wanted a long spine black urchin for my tank. I have a porcupine puffer and niger trigger in this tank. Neither have ever shown aggression toward snails or hermits. Live Aquaria mentions this urchin good for aggressive tanks. What is everyone's experience? Don't want a forgone urchin massacre.
 
I've seen video of queen triggers taking out Caribbean Diadema urchins, but that doesn't mean a niger would do it. I've got a tuxedo urchin in with my blue jaw trigger, and no incidents to date . . .

~Bruce
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new