Diamond Goby - bad for tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mechramc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Aww, they are so cute together! I have a diamond and a YWG in my 90 gallon. Do you think it would be possible to add a pair of these to my tank? I am not willing to get rid of what I have though cuz I really like them both. Funny thing is, they share a cave together! I call them the odd couple.
 
I have a diamond goby for a month now in a Waterbox 110. The tank is 3 months old and there is all sorts of algae and uglies. But the sand is pristine. At first, I was happy. But now, it seems unnatural and makes me wonder. Can it sustain itself with whatever I feed? On the other hand, is it wiping the sand of any beneficial stuff? I have been seeding with copepods every couple of weeks, as I want to get a mandarin goby at the six month mark. But this diamond goby has already grown to an inch and a half. Has anyone kept one for longer than a couple of years? Does the sand sifting cause any other issues to the tank?
I was about to ask a similar question so I’m happy to see the responses. I just added a Tiger Goby to my well established 55 with a pretty deep sand bed. So far he is sifting away. Making things a little cloudy but I was expecting tiki that for a few days. Hopefully!
Not trying to hijack the thread but anyone with Tiger Goby experience? I chose him because of size and didn’t want diamond to wipe me out.
 
Aww, they are so cute together! I have a diamond and a YWG in my 90 gallon. Do you think it would be possible to add a pair of these to my tank? I am not willing to get rid of what I have though cuz I really like them both. Funny thing is, they share a cave together! I call them the odd couple.
They can get to 7+". There were a few 5-7" ones at the lfs. I would not risk it and just stay with the odd couple.
I have another cool goby in my 15 that shares the system with a Pajama cardinal. Many don't like them but for a 15 they just float around and I like their color.
This is a transparent cave goby.
Right now a favorite of mine.
lg96366cavetransparentgoby.jpg
 
They can get to 7+". There were a few 5-7" ones at the lfs. I would not risk it and just stay with the odd couple.
I have another cool goby in my 15 that shares the system with a Pajama cardinal. Many don't like them but for a 15 they just float around and I like their color.
This is a transparent cave goby.
Right now a favorite of mine.
lg96366cavetransparentgoby.jpg
YEah, he's pretty cool looking too. THis is what I suspected. I do love my odd couple.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new