Diamond goby bruise/possible internal bleeding?

sneakerhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys, first of all I wanted to thank everyone here for always helping.

yesterday my diamond goby did not come outside for almost a day. Since I’ve had it, that has never happened.

I started looking for it, because a few days ago another fish died being crushed under a rock and I didn’t want that to happen.

I found it eventually, but upon finding it I noticed a bruise on it.
Since I found it yesterday, it hasn’t moved much. It’s barely active. Breathing seems fine. Right fin seems somewhat damaged too.

any advice? Willing to set up a medication qt if needed. Thank you in advance.

057C6500-59DD-4D3F-99E7-8E21159425C3.jpeg 85908712-AD89-4F47-88E3-66DA28C800C7.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello guys, first of all I wanted to thank everyone here for always helping.

yesterday my diamond goby did not come outside for almost a day. Since I’ve had it, that has never happened.

I started looking for it, because a few days ago another fish died being crushed under a rock and I didn’t want that to happen.

I found it eventually, but upon finding it I noticed a bruise on it.
Since I found it yesterday, it hasn’t moved much. It’s barely active. Breathing seems fine. Right fin seems somewhat damaged too.

any advice? Willing to set up a medication qt if needed. Thank you in advance.

057C6500-59DD-4D3F-99E7-8E21159425C3.jpeg 85908712-AD89-4F47-88E3-66DA28C800C7.jpeg
looks like post-injury and QT may be of need and treatment with seachem Kanaplex to assure it does not become worse or infected. Add aeration with air stone during treatment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sneakerhead

sneakerhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like pot-injury and QT may be of need and treatment with seachem Kanaplex to assure it does not become worse or infected. Add aeration with air stone during treatment.
Thank you so much!
any further info on the treatment? Should I just follow the instructions on the kanaplex?

OP
OP
sneakerhead

sneakerhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a better picture, hope this helps as well. @vetteguy53081
The skin there seems “flaky”

Attachments

• 11F06C33-81C2-4446-8056-555BF13F96F4.jpeg
    11F06C33-81C2-4446-8056-555BF13F96F4.jpeg
    231.9 KB · Views: 51

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Here is a better picture, hope this helps as well. @vetteguy53081
The skin there seems “flaky”
Still looks like Post-injury. Kanaplex is good and should be absorbed by fish. If eating metroplex also by seachem should help IF fish is eating and apply a Very tiny amount to food, literally what fits on a pencil tip. . does not require much

OP
OP
sneakerhead

sneakerhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still looks like Post-injury. Kanaplex is good and should be absorbed by fish. If eating metroplex also by seachem should help IF fish is eating and apply a Very tiny amount to food, literally what fits on a pencil tip. . does not require much
Thank you, currently not eating but once it does I’ll make sure of that.
really do appreciate it

OP
OP
sneakerhead

sneakerhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just posting another pic for documentation, in case this guy survives and someone else has similar injuries in the future.

Attachments

• 3291DB57-E023-4240-84A8-274AE47C9F78.jpeg
    3291DB57-E023-4240-84A8-274AE47C9F78.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
sneakerhead

sneakerhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @vetteguy53081,

I needed your advice again, as I had some more questions. I have attached an updated picture a few hours after adding the first dose of Kanaplex for documenting the progress.

The directions state not to exceed three doses, which means six days of treatment if I'm correct.
I have a few questions:

1. Should I do any water changes during the treatment period?
  2. If I don't see any major improvements after six days, should I start the doses again or supplement with another medicine? Is this also the time to do a water change?
  3. My fish isn't eating at the moment. How often should I try to feed it? Can it survive the length of the treatment without food?
Thank you in advance for your help!"

Attachments

• IMG_1413.jpg
    IMG_1413.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 42

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello @vetteguy53081,

I needed your advice again, as I had some more questions. I have attached an updated picture a few hours after adding the first dose of Kanaplex for documenting the progress.

The directions state not to exceed three doses, which means six days of treatment if I'm correct.
I have a few questions:

2. If I don't see any major improvements after six days, should I start the doses again or supplement with another medicine? Is this also the time to do a water change?
  3. My fish isn't eating at the moment. How often should I try to feed it? Can it survive the length of the treatment without food?
Kanaplex takes a full day to start t take effect
Water changes based on needs from water test results as you should monitor ammonia levels

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Forgot to touch up on the food part, any opinion there?
best for these gobies are : brine shrimp, LRS fish Frenzy, mysis shrimp, TDO pellets, live and frozen black worms and chopped krill

OP
OP
sneakerhead

sneakerhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
best for these gobies are : brine shrimp, LRS fish Frenzy, mysis shrimp, TDO pellets, live and frozen black worms and chopped krill
Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to this from earlier: "
  1. My fish isn't eating at the moment. How often should I try to feed it in qt while treating it? Can it survive the length of the treatment(6 days) without food?

Also:
  2. If I don't see any major improvements after six days, should I start the doses again or supplement with another medicine?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello @vetteguy53081,

I have a few questions:

You dont want fish to get thin. Try at least brine shrimp or pellets. Nutrition is essential. I am now on my PC unit and this has gotten raw.
If kanaplex has not taken effect, you can try seachem Neoplex or maracyn 2 which are broad range treatments

OP
OP
sneakerhead

sneakerhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dont want fish to get thin. Try at least brine shrimp or pellets. Nutrition is essential. I am now on my PC unit and this has gotten raw.
If kanaplex has not taken effect, you can try seachem Neoplex or maracyn 2 which are broad range treatments
Regarding the treatment, should I finish the full course of Kanaplex before trying Neoplex or Maracyn 2? Or can I add one of those treatments while still using Kanaplex?

Also, I apologize if my questions are excessive. I just want to ensure that I'm doing everything I can to help the fish survive. Your assistance has been invaluable so far.

OP
OP
sneakerhead

sneakerhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Update:
- receptive to spot feeding
- breathing looks much more labored a day after first dose of kanaplex
- water looks slightly cloudy, on a scale of 1-10, maybe 2-3.

any advice on the labored breathing? Is that a side effect of the medicine, or perhaps increase the aeration?
Will be monitoring ammonia as well.

Nicroper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
sneakerhead

sneakerhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they said earlier in the thread to add aeration.
I should have been more clear, my apologies.
I had already added aeration, there was a possibility the air pump was undersized thus I was asking.
I ended up supplementing it with another small pump just now to be safe.
checked ammonia too, and it looks clear.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 68 45.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.6%
Back