Diamond Goby pair

Fernandaft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I have a question about Diamond Goby, I’m new on reef tank, 1 year now :) a lot of things to learn. Almost 2 months ago I bought a diamond Goby mated pair from live aquaria. I have observed the behavior of the two, sometimes the bigger chases the smaller one, sometimes they stay close passively but they never occupy the same hole even during the night, they sleep apart. Is this behavior normal? I thought because they were a mated pair they would be together in the same hole.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Moved to fish discussion to hopefully get you and answer!

Kris4647

Rare Clownfish anemone aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I have a question about Diamond Goby, I’m new on reef tank, 1 year now :) a lot of things to learn. Almost 2 months ago I bought a diamond Goby mated pair from live aquaria. I have observed the behavior of the two, sometimes the bigger chases the smaller one, sometimes they stay close passively but they never occupy the same hole even during the night, they sleep apart. Is this behavior normal? I thought because they were a mated pair they would be together in the same hole.
Yea, I recently found two paired up at a local store. They had no idea.

As you guessed they are inseparable. Never very far from each other. I dug up their nest by accident the other day. There were eggs or something in there.

If I had to guess, I’d say LA sexes and pairs them. That doesn’t mean they will ultimately pair up over time.

Best of luck! Here’s mine

Attachments

• 48CF2763-51BE-4D3A-82CD-85E81796A754.jpeg
    48CF2763-51BE-4D3A-82CD-85E81796A754.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
Fernandaft

Fernandaft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I recently found two paired up at a local store. They had no idea.

As you guessed they are inseparable. Never very far from each other. I dug up their nest by accident the other day. There were eggs or something in there.

If I had to guess, I’d say LA sexes and pairs them. That doesn’t mean they will ultimately pair up over time.

Best of luck! Here’s mine
Thank you for your answer. I hope that at least they don't get aggressive with each other.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back