Diamond Goby Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter vittpsu21
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

vittpsu21

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2023
Messages
707
Reaction score
675
Location
Pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Picked a diamond goby up as well as a lawnmower blend last week. I see the lawnmower go for frozen and peck and eat. I’m pretty sure he’s doing ok other than oddly chasing my filefish sometimes…

The diamond I have a harder time seeing grab food, I do see him sifting a lot and I often struggle with what sunk belly looks like. Here are the best pics I could get if anyone is able to give me some feedback I would appreciate!


20260309_175649_19E0620A-3242-47F5-9BE8-7654288C1839.png

20260309_175649_F53F4C0B-8FCE-4950-B70B-B3B6198FF138.png

20260309_175650_57E8FE88-5911-4E3B-9DF2-0DF502D89211.png

20260309_175651_9AEC9D29-8063-49C2-AF2D-C82CB6A59F88.png
 
Is yours an established tank? Many times those fish fail to thrive/waste away due to tanks not being established long enough. Also what size tank?... as those two will be looking to compete for the same food sources. 😬
 
Is yours an established tank? Many times those fish fail to thrive/waste away due to tanks not being established long enough. Also what size tank?... as those two will be looking to compete for the same food sources. 😬
Yeah hes in my smaller tank (40 gal) its been up for 4ish months, but they will only be in here for 3 more weeks before moving to the big tank. Once hes in the big tank 200g + 75 sump I am not worried about either of them. The lawnmower is also going after frozen everytime so not quite as worried about him
 
Excellent. I'm sure you'll get them over the hump!
 
Hey all,

Picked a diamond goby up as well as a lawnmower blend last week. I see the lawnmower go for frozen and peck and eat. I’m pretty sure he’s doing ok other than oddly chasing my filefish sometimes…

The diamond I have a harder time seeing grab food, I do see him sifting a lot and I often struggle with what sunk belly looks like. Here are the best pics I could get if anyone is able to give me some feedback I would appreciate!


20260309_175649_19E0620A-3242-47F5-9BE8-7654288C1839.png

20260309_175649_F53F4C0B-8FCE-4950-B70B-B3B6198FF138.png

20260309_175650_57E8FE88-5911-4E3B-9DF2-0DF502D89211.png

20260309_175651_9AEC9D29-8063-49C2-AF2D-C82CB6A59F88.png
He looks healthy to me. Diamond gobies are the easiest of the sand sifting gobies in my experience. He should eat frozen eventually. If you haven’t already, you could try soaking it in garlic to see if that stimulates his appetite.
 
He looks healthy to me. Mine eats anything I put in the tank, pretty sure he would eat a chicken nugget if I threw it in. I’ve had mine over 4 years and it always looked skinny. I think it’s because their heads are so large.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new