Diamond Goby Question

SexyKillerWhale

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I've had a diamond spotted goby for about 4 months now. Been an awesome tank mate and sifting and burrowing like crazy. For the past couple of days he's just been hiding under his rock and not coming out to feed at all. Should I be concerned?

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine would sometimes come out at night to move around a lot of sand and eat. It’s always a concern when patterns change but it could be a lot of things. Like did you add other fish to the tank? Anything new in his territory meaning the sand? They can take weeks to get comfortable so new tanks with changing inhabitants might spur changes in their habits. You may just not be seeing him eat right now.

OP
OP
S

SexyKillerWhale

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine would sometimes come out at night to move around a lot of sand and eat. It’s always a concern when patterns change but it could be a lot of things. Like did you add other fish to the tank? Anything new in his territory meaning the sand? They can take weeks to get comfortable so new tanks with changing inhabitants might spur changes in their habits. You may just not be seeing him eat right now.
Good to know. A blennie was added recently, but he is like the least confrontational fish possible. I'm just worried about my bud.

Benjammin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possible issuue:
I’ve read some people broadcast feed or spot feed reef roids. They like very small food, it’s better for their digestion.

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two. They both used to be out and about all the time. Starting about a month ago, one of them became reclusive. I did add some fish, but they're all very peaceful and stay high in the water column. I'm also at a loss regarding the changed behavior, but he/she still seems healthy when I catch a glimpse so I've put it in the "ain't broke, don't fix it" category

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 48 55.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back