Diamond Watchman Goby sandstorm

George Lopez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm always uncovering my rocks and resetting my sand and yea he clouds the tank up some but it clears up

Jason Lemkau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had much problem with jumping, but I have a glass top with only small openings on either side. Cloudiness has never been an issue for me, but it does tend to get sand on my mushrooms or other corals from time to time. I think the whitness of the sand is worth it though!

ironeagle2006

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Yellowheaded Sleeper goby in my 125 with about a 1-2 deep sand bed. I had one of these fish in the past so before I even put my sand into the tank my rock was on eggcrate and on the bottom. I run a coarse sand yet he still makes it snow in the freaking thing. Yet he has the most fun ticking off my yellow tang by plugging up his cave by piling the sand up in front of it. Best thing I have ever seen.

DubDr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is one of my favorite fish. We call him TRUMP cause he pulls all the shells and rocks it can and is building a wall around his home.

Dallaswinefan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-fwiw, I don't think you need an established tank. I put two in my Red Sea 650 after only a couple months, but it was totally finished cycling.

-don't underestimate the mess they can make. I love my two, they are endlessly fun to watch. They also bury EVERYTHING on the sand. Had to move all my acans onto rocks. They make sand piles 4-6 inches high all over the place. They make bombing runs up the rocks vertically, strewing sand all over them. In hindsight I would only get one, since they mess up the tank so much.

-they absolutely clouded up the water for the first month. Now it couldn't be clearer.

-fwiw, mine eat everything except nori sheets. Heck, they probably eat that too. Pellets, mysis, herbivore mix, they are total chowhounds.

All that being said, imo they are just a terrific fish!

Ps mine are orange spots and I have Caribbean reef sand

Chris001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a blue cheeked goby, a real favourite. He moves a lot of sand, dive bombs all the time and has burrowed under the rocks. Cleanest sand I've ever had and deepest in places! Real character.

20170302_185726.jpg

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been changing 100 micron socks a couple times a day since adding my diamond goby a few weeks ago. It's starting to get less cloudy but is still noticeably cloudy if I try and go a day with no socks.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back