Diatom or algae on acro

PNWReefer21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new frag of a tenuis acro and see that there are some brown diatom or algae in spots of the corralites. It doesn't blow off essily so I don't think it'd dino. This mean the skin there died. Could it be pests or tip burn? It's weird because it's random points on the acro.

DeniableArc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new frag of a tenuis acro and see that there are some brown diatom or algae in spots of the corralites. It doesn't blow off essily so I don't think it'd dino. This mean the skin there died. Could it be pests or tip burn? It's weird because it's random points on the acro.
Do you have a picture?

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes a photo of the acro would be great. Since you will be take a photo you should post one of the whole tank. White lights .... no blue. What are your parameters?

OP
OP
PNWReefer21

PNWReefer21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not able to take a photo right now. Basically the area around the tenuis' corralite when polyp extends out has a little brown algae growing on it. Polyp ate still extended, but the algae seems to be growing. Only this tenuis has this problem. Could it be alk burn?

My alk is stable at 8, testing with trident. Nitrate at 5, Phos around 0.03-0.07. Not sure if it's alk burn if it happens outside of the tip too.

OP
OP
PNWReefer21

PNWReefer21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running hydra 64,center of tank, halfway up. I have other acro in similar spot that are doing fine...

Necrodaemus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reviving this post to see if you found a resolution. I’m seeing the same thing with one of my tenuis but no other acros are showing any issues.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back