Diatoms after water change! HELP...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stpatrick
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Stpatrick

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2011
Messages
987
Reaction score
153
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. I have been getting some extreme diatom blooms. My tank was finally clearing up and I just did my bi-monthly water change. That same day I got an extreme outbreak of diatoms on my glass, sand and rock. I am using a five stage ro/di system. I even just switched out all the filters about a month ago. tds out of the ro filter is 12 and tds out of the di is 0. I am using IO salt.

System info: GFO/Carbon reactor (I just put in two cups of GFO today :cry:). Bio-pellet reactor (1 cup WM).

CA = 420
Alk = 9
PO4 = .03
Nitrate = 0
PH = 8.05 - 8.25

I now it is still a new system (2 months running) but it was finally clearing up and I was only needing to clean my glass ever few days rather then 3 times a day.

Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new