Diatoms/brown algae problems any suggestions ?

mazza

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2024
Messages
67
Reaction score
12
Location
dublin Ireland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I’ve recently cycled my reef and my water parameters are starting to settle I have been experiencing some brown algae on the surface of my tank and the substrate has been turning a brown colour only a day or so after cleaning I’ve read it could be diatoms but not quite sure if that’s the case I’m currently running 3 tsp of rowaphas in me 52l tank it hasn’t seemed to takle it much can someone please tell me if it’s just diatoms and if so the best way to get rid of it cheers.






image.jpg
 
Best way: patience
"the new way": something in a bottle, preferably with specious labelling
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new