OP
OP
MysticBlue

MysticBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doubt the salt has any impact. It’s as good as any salt out their.
If you think it adds to your phosphate, just mix a batch to 1.026 and test.

According to your posts, the only parameter out of range phosphate. GFO is a filter media, Rowaphos for example, run in a reactor, or just a media bag in flow.

Phosphate will bind to this media and over time, lowers phosphate…..your looking at say 0.03ppm to .1ppm.

Id work getting that number in check first before moving onwards to other things.
Ok so I need to purchase a GFO and then go from there.

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You killed all your good bacteria with chemi . The first thing to come back is diatoms then your aerobic bacteria kick in the diatoms should go away. Are you sure phosphates are .8 and not .08 it seems if you had .8 your nitrates would be through the roof. If your phosphates are that high a couple large water changes are in order . You need a reactor for gfo. Or phosgaurd . Do not let your nitrates or your phosphates hit 0's that will bring dinnos . At that high of phosphates it will cost more for gfo than water changes gfo is to regulate your phosphate at a lower point.

OP
OP
MysticBlue

MysticBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You killed all your good bacteria with chemi . The first thing to come back is diatoms then your aerobic bacteria kick in the diatoms should go away. Are you sure phosphates are .8 and not .08 it seems if you had .8 your nitrates would be through the roof. If your phosphates are that high a couple large water changes are in order . You need a reactor for gfo. Or phosgaurd . Do not let your nitrates or your phosphates hit 0's that will bring dinnos . At that high of phosphates it will cost more for gfo than water changes gfo is to regulate your phosphate at a lower point.
Omg big mistake!!!!! .08 man I feel stupid lol but I’ll get a GFO as soon as possible.

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are good ! Keep your phosphates in the range of .1 to .05 nitrates 5 to10 . Keep alkalinity stable . No more chemicals. Let your good bacteria get ahold of your rock .

OP
OP
MysticBlue

MysticBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are good ! Keep your phosphates in the range of .1 to .05 nitrates 5 to10 . Keep alkalinity stable . No more chemicals. Let your good bacteria get ahold of your rock .
Oh thank god I can’t believe I screwed up that bad!!!!!!!!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 94 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back