Fish for a 75 gallon aquarium.

JTN54

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!
My question is pretty simple. What kind of fish could I stock a 75 gallon tank with?
I currently have a 55 with two clownfish, two chromis, and one flame angel. I’m definitely going to try my hand at a snowflake eel but I wanted to get other opinions on what I could stock.
Thank you.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!
My question is pretty simple. What kind of fish could I stock a 75 gallon tank with?
I currently have a 55 with two clownfish, two chromis, and one flame angel. I’m definitely going to try my hand at a snowflake eel but I wanted to get other opinions on what I could stock.
Thank you.
I wouldn't mix predator and prey. Especially if you intend on coral.

OP
OP
JTN54

JTN54

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't mix predator and prey. Especially if you intend on coral.
Well I’ve heard mixed stories with snowflake eels. Some people haven’t had problems and some people have. I guess it just depends on the personality of the eel.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’ve heard mixed stories with snowflake eels. Some people haven’t had problems and some people have. I guess it just depends on the personality of the eel.
Are you planning a predator tank or a community fish reef?

OP
OP
JTN54

JTN54

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning a predator tank or a community fish reef?
Community reef. But if you don’t think I should take a leap of faith with a snowflake eel, I’d love to hear your suggestions on other fish. I was maybe thinking about a Tang or Foxface.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 75 you could probably do a bristletooth tang (kole, White tail, tomini) if you added it last. I'd also suggest staying away from a snowflake eel unless you're comfortable with it eating any of the fish in that tank and periodically restocking all your inverts.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Community reef. But if you don’t think I should take a leap of faith with a snowflake eel, I’d love to hear your suggestions on other fish. I was maybe thinking about a Tang or Foxface.
I wouldn't add a predator to a community tank. 75g is really 55g with rocks. You could add 10 to 12 small to mid size fish. I have 12 in mine. Get fish that are top swimmers, mid tank and bottom dwellers. Get a few that keep your tank pest free like 6 line and yellow coris. I tried a white tail bristletooth in mine early on but 3 foot tank was to small. 4 foot maybe for one off those. Lots of cool small colorful fish to choose from.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.2%
Back