Diatoms or dinoflagellates?

Vertigo916

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2022
Messages
34
Reaction score
14
Location
Northern California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been having a diatom bloom for well over a month and now I'm thinking I might have dinos, not diatoms. So I bought a microscope and attached a video. Are these dinoflagellates? If so what kind? I googled images and videos, but i don't trust my eyesight. Tank is almost 3 months old. Nitrates are 5ppm, 0 ammonia, 0 Nitrite. I don't have a phosphate test yet. Thanks for any info.
 

Attachments

  • 20240926_180831_1.mp4
    18.8 MB
The ones that look like rice grains are diatoms. The others look like dino. Post pics/ videos on macks dinoflagellates page on Facebook. Best resource for identifying and treatment
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new