Did i just contaminate my display tank?

big man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just accidentally dipped the same hand from my qt in my display tank. The qt tank has a powderblue tang that doesn't seem to have any external or mabye any internal parasites. But I'm still not to sure. My hand was kind of dry before I dipped it in. How high is the risk of a parasite getting into my dt. Because I really don't want to lose all the fish I have in my tank because of a stupid mistake.?

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Stupid mistake", imo, the leading cause of most losses and setbacks in this hobby.... so yes there's the potential for cross contamination. At this point you either remove and treat fish and go fallow, or wait and see if any symptoms pop up before doing it. I would wait and observe before doing anything rash

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many others may consider the system compromised and a risk to new fish(technically it is), regardless of weather any symptoms are ever expressed, if not fallowed/treated. I personally believe there is always some risk and solve problems that I have, rather than lockdown for what could happen.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back