Did I just screw up ordering from Aquacave?

coralfishreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been ordering from Aquacave for probably 10 years. I’ve never been sent an open box item and I’ve never had any problems with my orders. The above is also the same for my experiences with Bulkreefsupply.

H2ONUT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been ordering from Aquacave for probably 10 years. I’ve never been sent an open box item and I’ve never had any problems with my orders. The above is also the same for my experiences with Bulkreefsupply.
Sadly this was my first experience with AquaCave and the item was definitely more than just an open box. I will say though that Pentair support is amazing. I would recommend them any day.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I order sometimes because of price. However a number of times order processing was unreasonably slow or items "in stock" were actually backordered. My GUESS is they do a lot of dropshipping because that would explain a lot.

I still use them, but never if i really need an item right away

Tankgirl1620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking around for a UV Sterilizers for a little while. After deciding which one I would go with, I went on a mission to find a good price. Since I have to also buy a pump and some plumbing for a total of a little over $1000 I figured if I could save $50 or $60 it'd take a little of the sting away. Normally I buy from BRS exclusively but I found one on Aquacave for almost $100 less, free shipping and no tax. After factoring in "loyalty points" etc I'd end up saving about $150 so I bought it. Since I saved so much I splurged on "expedited shipping". This was Saturday, fast forward to yesterday, Tuesday (originally would have been delivered tomorrow, Wednesday) I get a call from Aquacave to "verify my address". The problem is, that I worked a Double shift so I didn't get the message until late last night so I couldn't call back until this morning. I called and talked to the rep who pulled up my account and asked me to tell him my address, so I did. "OK we'll get that processed for ya, Thanks have a nice day". Uhhhhhh didn't I verify my address when I entered it on the site? And again when it matches my Billing address? I have bought 10s of Thousands of dollars if not more in countless online purchases over 20+ years. Some of those site were Shady AF, I have never once had a company call to verify my address. Now even if they do ship right away I may not get the item until next week, AFTER I paid for expedited shipping. Can anyone share their experience with Aquacave.... the deeper I dig the more sketchy it seems.
Yeah I had website issues where whatever I was entering wasn't 'sticking'. Thought it was finally registering the correct address and hit order. Finally getting to sit and check my email late in the day much like you, I find that it still managed to send to the wrong address. Called next business day and got into a yelling match with some jerk telling me it was my fault and I'd have to pay more to get it redirected. Then I'm told they are going to send a new package guaranteed to get to me on time. It showed up 3 days late and I got notification that the other package still went to the wrong address. I called again and was told I was s.o.l. again, and told they'd get back to me with an update on how they could make it right. I waited 8 days before I called back and guess what... I'm still wrong and still out $30 in shipping for something that came 3 days late causing me to reschedule an entire days maintenance route waiting for the extremely important part. I only chose their site with the higher product cost and extra shipping cost because it should have gotten to me in the time frame I needed. Won't be using them again after more than a decade of being a customer.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 30.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 47 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%

Back