Did I kill my GSP?

Philly Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2020
Messages
1,376
Reaction score
2,813
Location
Philly
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20201014_123344_73__01__01.jpg

Back story: On Saturday, I decided to clean my GSP of the hair algae that was bothering it. Some would close and some would open. So I took it out and brush the hair algae away with hydrogen peroxide (diluted with rodi). I glue it back on the same rock but different place.
Top right is the original place with 2 sprout of GSP, middle is the new place.
Unfortunately, the GSP is still closed up since Saturday.

So.. did I kill it?

I don't think its nutrient issue since the 2 small sprout open up. And no issues with the zoas.

pH: 8.0 - 8.2 (Night,Day)
Alk: 8
NO3: 1
PO4: 0.03
Ammonia: 0
 
Peroxide may have had an impact. I would have used liquid vibrant
GSP is tough and may bounce back but i again would have concern
 
Peroxide may have had an impact. I would have used liquid vibrant
GSP is tough and may bounce back but i again would have concern

That's what I thought. GSP is tough, and I'm not dipping it. Just brush it away.

At this time, I am praying that the 2 small sprout will lives on and conquer this rock
 
At this time, I am praying that the 2 small sprout will lives on and conquer this rock
Im sure it’ll be fine. Gsp is like steel. Even if it dies, plenty of people will be happy to sell you a new chunk sans algae :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new