Did Mobius 2.0 break wifi?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While the new app upgrade is slick I can’t get the wifi feature to work anymore. It just scans and scans then eventually says ERROR. Anyone else having the same issue?

Also my G5s still lose connection constantly to the app. Don’t know if it’s just me but for lights the Mobius app is straight garbage!!

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While the new app upgrade is slick I can’t get the wifi feature to work anymore. It just scans and scans then eventually says ERROR. Anyone else having the same issue?

Also my G5s still lose connection constantly to the app. Don’t know if it’s just me but for lights the Mobius app is straight garbage!!
lol you just realizing this now :)

OP
OP
nim6us

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well at least knowing it’s not just me oddly makes me feel better somehow. :p

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have no issues with wifi before or after the upgrade. I actually think the app works pretty well for lights. From what I can tell, not much new for the lights with the upgrade. Just some new UI’s but no new functionality. A simple piece of functionality I’d like to see is to display the template name that you are running when you pull up your schedule. Simple but helpful.

Novey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always had a similar issue with Mobius. All 3 of my Radion G5 disconnect and I have to reboot them to connect again. Other Ecotech devices do not have this issue. Also wifi doesn’t exist as an option, only Bluetooth!

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no issues with wifi before or after the upgrade. I actually think the app works pretty well for lights. From what I can tell, not much new for the lights with the upgrade. Just some new UI’s but no new functionality. A simple piece of functionality I’d like to see is to display the template name that you are running when you pull up your schedule. Simple but helpful.
That would be a good thing. I just wish they would get WiFI built.

rmcrom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't get how Ecotech can charge so much for their equipment and then push out the Mobius app in this condition. If I want to start feed mode from Mobius app, I have to power cycle my MP40s each time due to the connection dropping every day.

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have one of my mp40s connection drop every few days. Requires a power cycle to reconnect. It’s getting old.

rmcrom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine to stop dropping connection by creating a new tank in mobius to add the pumps to. Now I have a tank for my radions and another tank for my MP40s. Never dropped since.

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got mine to stop dropping connection by creating a new tank in mobius to add the pumps to. Now I have a tank for my radions and another tank for my MP40s. Never dropped since.
That’s interesting. Sort of an annoying work around though.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting. Have you tried moving your other equipment to that new tank and see if it works all together on that one?

rmcrom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. Have you tried moving your other equipment to that new tank and see if it works all together on that one?
No I never tried moving the lights over to the new tank just because I didn't want to save my current lighting template and then set the lights up on the new tank.

scubaReef002

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having lots of connection issues as are other users. Echotech should fix their garbage software. Why do reefers keep buying their products? I wish someone would have warned me :(

RayDRoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This app is garbage. 3 G5 XR15 Pros will not connect. I had to factory reset all 3 to get the new update. I can't adjust anything with the app. When will they fix. I will be updating my review on BRS from 4 to 1 star for controlability.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This app is garbage. 3 G5 XR15 Pros will not connect. I had to factory reset all 3 to get the new update. I can't adjust anything with the app. When will they fix. I will be updating my review on BRS from 4 to 1 star for controlability.
That’s cause you need to upgrade to the g6s

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 87 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back