Did my RBTA take or walk or something else?

MattR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home today around 2pm (lights kick on at 11am) to notice my tank looking way more sad than usual. I can usually never see the rocks cape as the RBTA are always open and fluffy. Looking around I couldn't pin point the issue until I saw one of my RBTA decided to get up off the rock where he was for about 3 months and move to the back by the others. I circled the spot on the left where he was and now in the back to where he joined his friends. I notice the the nems closest to him and around where he took his walk are not has happy and slightly closed while the one on the bottom left of the tank is still getting bigger to his usual size. My thoughts are the RBTA took stroll from spot a to b and bugged some other anemones while he did that (and didnt seem to bother the one of the bottom left). I don't mind as these are all clones of the mother and its an all nem tank anyway. I do also notice more brown/bubbly stuff coming from them (figure that's normal expel from them but I guess even more because of the new RBTA).Last WC was last friday (do it weekly) and haven't changed anything else. Does my reasoning support what I am seeing? Figured everyone should be happy by tomorrow
IMG_7114.jpg

sarcophytonIndy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your analysis seems reasonable. Do you feed them, or do they just pick up whatever is in the water? The reason I ask is that generally sometime after a feeding they might be less expanded and be expelling waste (brown stuff). I never feed mine directly

Last edited:

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are all clons of each other they are not going to bother each other. I would check your parameters especially alkalinity.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your analysis seems reasonable. Do you feed them, or do they just pick up whatever is in the water? The reason I ask is that generally sometime after a feeding they might be less expanded and be expelling waste (brown stuff). I never feed mine directly
I spot feed twice of week, always had since I introduced them and I never had an adverse reaction

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are all clons of each other they are not going to bother each other. I would check your parameters especially alkalinity.
Thats what I was thinking but even with when they roll on top of each other? Im not thinking of chemical/stinging warfare just mainly irritation. I wonder if it is parameter issues...why is the only on the bottom left totally normal?

sarcophytonIndy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what I was thinking but even with when they roll on top of each other? Im not thinking of chemical/stinging warfare just mainly irritation. I wonder if it is parameter issues...why is the only on the bottom left totally normal?
The fact that one of them moved might indicate something is off / bothering them.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fact that one of them moved might indicate something is off / bothering them.
Thought that originally and I believe it was not getting enough light, if you look where the originally circle was, he was in the middle of the triangle of the largest 3 RBTA in that tank and frequently got shadowed.....Maybe he finally decided to move shop. They seem to slightly be opening more, but either way will do a 30% water change

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back