Did my torch get stung?

JBulk09

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2020
Messages
79
Reaction score
78
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a few chalice frags and put them on a magnetic rack above the torch last night and got home from work with the torch looking like this. Is this what a coral sting may look like?

20200428_175235.jpg 20200428_175228.jpg
 
Is your frag rack distorting your flow?
 
I moved one of the outlets and the torch was getting more flow than previously. I had it pointed more toward the frag rack, I moved it back when I moved the rack
 
Move your frag rack and see. Jmo
 
I have found (in my relatively limited knowledge) that torches typically win the stinging contest. The few times I have witnessed a stinging event the torch involved did not retract at all, but the other coral (acans, duncan) being stung quickly sucked in in distress. I have had two of my torches sting each other twice and in both cases the smaller coral reacted more visibly than the larger.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new