Did rules change for signatures?

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a 3-line signature. I went in to edit it and kept getting error messages saying I had too many lines and too many characters. I now can't leave the link for my tank build thread.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you a R2R supporting member at one time?

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what are the "rules" on signature "allowance"?
You have to be a supporting member for links to work in your signature. More here:

OP
OP
PedroYoung

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to be a supporting member for links to work in your signature. More here:
I'm still honestly confused. So "supporting" is different from "partner"? Is there a thread somewhere that explains all the options? I'm pretty sure I gladly contributed $100 to be a "partner". Does being a "supporter" cost another $25?

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm still honestly confused. So "supporting" is different from "partner"? Is there a thread somewhere that explains all the options? I'm pretty sure I gladly contributed $100 to be a "partner". Does being a "supporter" cost another $25?
The supporting membership has been $25. It was the first step. It had a few benefits.
It was only in the last couple years that the partner membership became available with different benefits.

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a 3-line signature. I went in to edit it and kept getting error messages saying I had too many lines and too many characters. I now can't leave the link for my tank build thread.
You honestly don't need a link to your build thread kn your signature. All anyone has to do is click on your build thread badge under your username.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct; supporting member and partner member are different, and those are really the only two options (outside of commercial sponsorship, but that's a whole different boat).
The partner member drive is only open for a limited time each year, and comes with the perks you've already experienced.
Supporting Membership is open at any time for anyone, and comes with the perks outlined in the thread I linked you to.

OP
OP
PedroYoung

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The supporting membership has been $25. It was the first step. It had a few benefits.
It was only in the last couple years that the partner membership became available with different benefits.
I guess I would just suggest that being a "partner" should include the "supporting" perks at a minimum.

OP
OP
PedroYoung

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You honestly don't need a link to your build thread kn your signature. All anyone has to do is click on your build thread badge under your username.
Well, something else I didn't know!! Thanks. I might not be the only one who doesn't know that. I hope none of these posts are coming across as negative, I love me some R2R!! I'm just trying to help improve.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I would just suggest that being a "partner" should include the "supporting" perks at a minimum.
The powers that be elected to keep those separate several years ago when the partner member drive was introduced, as they do offer different benefits.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back