Die Algae DIE....Dracarys!!!!!

PJNANO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely recommend the fluconazole for Bryopsis. Are you using an air stone for added oxygenation? I highly suggest you do. You should be seeing a huge reduction in the Bryopsis by this time. If I recall, at the end of 14 days I did a large water change and clean out then dosed again.

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you are committed to fixing the underlying problems, I don't think there is anything wrong with using Fluco. Your next steps should be to fine tune everything while the tank gains maturity. Then ideally you don't need to use it again...

Having said that, be diligent and read some of the many and long threads on this subject. There seems to be a not insignificant number of reefers who struggle in the long term after putting fluconazole in their tanks. The causation/correlation relationship on this is debatable, but the examples are there in the threads...

OP
OP
JCRove06

JCRove06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely recommend the fluconazole for Bryopsis. Are you using an air stone for added oxygenation? I highly suggest you do. You should be seeing a huge reduction in the Bryopsis by this time. If I recall, at the end of 14 days I did a large water change and clean out then dosed again.
No, I’m not I have 3 hang on the backs running now though.

OP
OP
JCRove06

JCRove06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick comparison. I didn’t wait for the full 14 days. I did about a 50% change and resided at day 9 or 10.

Today

168D55B3-93F2-4C1E-AF47-B05B064C50B5.jpeg

PJNANO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok and what does that help with? Does it aid in the Fluconazole treatment being more effective or just for the creatures?
It helps your fish and corals, but if you haven't had any problems with them at this point then you're probably ok

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back