No Nitrate increase during Fluconazole treatment for GHA

LostNemo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, so as the title states I currently have a reading of zero nitrate and 0.09 phosphate reading 10 days into the treatment. I can see the fluconazole working as my GHA has been decreasing day by day and I can see it turning white.

But it doesn’t seem to be releasing at nitrate back into the water.

So I’m wondering if I should dose nitrate to bring it up as I’m afraid of another resurgence of Dino’s due to the lack of nitrate.

any thoughts appreciated!

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have nitrate on hand I would add a little. Zero makes me nervous. I didn't really notice any rise in nitrate when I used flux rx. I did get a great covering of cyano afterward tho that is still hanging on months later. I've only used flux twice and ended up with cyano both times. Many people use it with success but I'm done. I'd much rather looking at the gha and at least it provides a habitat for pods lol.

markron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, so as the title states I currently have a reading of zero nitrate and 0.09 phosphate reading 10 days into the treatment. I can see the fluconazole working as my GHA has been decreasing day by day and I can see it turning white.

But it doesn’t seem to be releasing at nitrate back into the water.

So I’m wondering if I should dose nitrate to bring it up as I’m afraid of another resurgence of Dino’s due to the lack of nitrate.

any thoughts appreciated! Lake Stevens Junk Removal
I am using Reef Flux (Fluconazole) to get rid of bryopsis. I am on day 12 of the 14 day treatment. I used per instructions. Bryopsis still going strong. What do I do next? Water change and try again? Wait longer to change water? Try something else like Vibrant????

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using Reef Flux (Fluconazole) to get rid of bryopsis. I am on day 12 of the 14 day treatment. I used per instructions. Bryopsis still going strong. What do I do next? Water change and try again? Wait longer to change water? Try something else like Vibrant????
Vibrant is an algicide just like the others. Same products, different bottle I think. I haven't used the product though so that's all I have.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back