OP
DiefsReef

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy ,howdy ,how's it goin down there??... ;) :)
year ago today...:)
IMG_4464.JPG
Wow has it been a year already.. We need to get back up there soon!

OP
OP
DiefsReef

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got off my butt and worked in the fish room yesterday.
Cleaned 3 skimmer hoppers. Changed a sensor for one of the fleece rollers. Drained, cleaned and mixed 90gal of salt water in the mixing station. Drained the 29 gal fish qt and started soaking the hardware. Drained and cleaned the mobile cooler (was sitting outside for a month waiting on me :confused-face:) and been making RO water since 3pm yesterday.

Today, I am tired! :p

TDiefRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, 6 months since we've posted! I think we've been depressed. Rich had to leave suddenly to see his mom right after we dosed the 120 to kill off the bryopsis and by the time he got home it was WAY overdue for a water change. We lost almost everything with a skeleton. :crying-face: On the plus side, our nem tank is flourishing!

The cube is now clear of aiptasia. We moved the CBB over and cleared it out enough for the peppermint shrimp to take over. The only coral remaining in there are the superman mushrooms and GSP.

We had to move the brains out of both to the frag tank because the CBB ran out of aiptasia to eat.

One day it will thrive again!

20230825_195537.jpg

Last edited:

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, 6 months since we've posted! I think we've been depressed. Rich had to leave suddenly to see his mom right after we dosed the 120 to kill off the bryopsis and by the time he got home it was WAY overdue for a water change. We lost almost everything with a skeleton. :crying-face: On the plus side, our nem tank is flourishing!

The cube is now clear of aiptasia. We moved the CBB over and cleared it out enough for the peppermint shrimp to take over. The only coral remaining in there are the superman mushrooms and GSP.

We had to move the brains out of both to the frag tank because the CBB ran out of aiptasia to eat.

One day it will thrive again!

20230825_195537.jpg
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. Unplanned events are always tank killers.
If you guys need some more stony stuff, I may be able to set you guys up. Spike's frag bash is also taking place tomorrow in Smyrna, that could be the perfect place to restock.
Glad that everything else is doing well! It's so odd that only stony corals were affected. Can't wait to see how you guys rebuild even better.

TDiefRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. Unplanned events are always tank killers.
If you guys need some more stony stuff, I may be able to set you guys up. Spike's frag bash is also taking place tomorrow in Smyrna, that could be the perfect place to restock.
Glad that everything else is doing well! It's so odd that only stony corals were affected. Can't wait to see how you guys rebuild even better.
Thank you! Rich said there's one in Sugar Hill tomorrow as well but I don't think we're quite ready to restock.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Rich said there's one in Sugar Hill tomorrow as well but I don't think we're quite ready to restock.
Glad to see you posting. Sorry to hear of the tank issues. You both know you can hit me up anytime. Sending positive vibes...

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back