DIfferences between RMS single mount and RMS multi arm and which is better?

ReeferSamster

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2019
Messages
333
Reaction score
376
Location
NYC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 Radion XR30's on a 48 inch long tank, is it better to go 2 single mounts or multitrack with the arms on the side walls of the tank? Opinions anyone?
Seems safer, the smaller glass sides of the aquarium would have less pressure.
Are the single mount RMS's exactly the same as the multi arm except they don't come with the RMS slides?

If I have 2 XR30's and 2 single RMS mounts, for a 48 long tank, then all I need to buy are:

Horizontal rails qty 1 of the 40.5 inch version.
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/multi-light-rms-track-ecotech-marine.html

Do I need to buy the RMS slides as well? (qty 2)
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/rms-slide-for-xr30-g5-ecotech-marine.html


Conversely,
If I buy the multi arm instead of the single mounts then all I need to buy is:

Horizotnal rail , qty 1 of the 40.5 inch version.
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/multi-light-rms-track-ecotech-marine.html

Because the multi arm RMS already comes with the RMS slides.

Is this correct? I'd waste a bit of money buying the single mounts first, but want it for the option to mount single oir to split the lights into different tanks.
 
I would go with this. https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/rms-xr30-g5-adapter-kit-ecotech-marine.html
Two reasons first it’s cheaper and it’ll work if you use it the light on one arm then and if you decide to switch you have the sliders already and you only need the rms track. I wouldn’t go with the track looks cluttered as opposed to mounting the arms to the back of the tank.
 
2 Radion XR30's on a 48 inch long tank, is it better to go 2 single mounts or multitrack with the arms on the side walls of the tank? Opinions anyone?
Seems safer, the smaller glass sides of the aquarium would have less pressure.
Are the single mount RMS's exactly the same as the multi arm except they don't come with the RMS slides?

If I have 2 XR30's and 2 single RMS mounts, for a 48 long tank, then all I need to buy are:

Horizontal rails qty 1 of the 40.5 inch version.
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/multi-light-rms-track-ecotech-marine.html

Do I need to buy the RMS slides as well? (qty 2)
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/rms-slide-for-xr30-g5-ecotech-marine.html


Conversely,
If I buy the multi arm instead of the single mounts then all I need to buy is:

Horizotnal rail , qty 1 of the 40.5 inch version.
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/multi-light-rms-track-ecotech-marine.html

Because the multi arm RMS already comes with the RMS slides.

Is this correct? I'd waste a bit of money buying the single mounts first, but want it for the option to mount single oir to split the lights into different tanks.
I have a 36 inch rail and I’m looking to switch it up for the single look!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new