Different Aquarium Trade Shows

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I had the opportunity to go to Aquashella Dallas back in May. With Reef-A-Palooza Texas coming up, I was wondering how different the shows would be. Are they mostly the same thing? What's different between the two? Thanks!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aquashella is a lot more about entertainment, whereas RAP Texas will be a lot more about corals and related equipment. There may be some overlap with vendors, but the atmosphere is different. I have attended many of each show (as well as many others) and personally I strongly prefer RAP. Additionally, RAP is focused on saltwater, whereas Aquashella also includes freshwater, reptiles, and a variety of other critters.

OP
OP
danenelsen

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquashella is a lot more about entertainment, whereas RAP Texas will be a lot more about corals and related equipment. There may be some overlap with vendors, but the atmosphere is different. I have attended many of each show (as well as many others) and personally I strongly prefer RAP. Additionally, RAP is focused on saltwater, whereas Aquashella also includes freshwater, reptiles, and a variety of other critters.
Okay! Thanks for all the info!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you do decide to come to RAP Texas, please come by the R2R booth and say hi!

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I had the opportunity to go to Aquashella Dallas back in May. With Reef-A-Palooza Texas coming up, I was wondering how different the shows would be. Are they mostly the same thing? What's different between the two? Thanks!
Aquashella is huge compared to RAP, at least from an attendance level. Aquashella is 5K+ people. I've heard last years RAP in Dallas was horrible attendance wise. I've never heard an official number but a couple of local vendors said they would guess less than 500. I went Sunday around 2pm and there were already vendors leaving/had already left. Hopefully it was just because it was the first year and this year will be better. I just don't hold out a lot of hope. Other than Aquashella we haven't been supporting frag shows the past year or so in the DFW area. I just went to a Tyree show here in Dallas a few weeks ago and I'm not sure 50 people showed up. It was great for me because I got what I felt like were some great deals.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 143 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back